Bhaichung Bhutia Football Schools to play against Borussia Dortmund
Kolkata: Students of Bhaichung Bhutia Football Schools (BBFS) will get the unique opportunity to play against the youth team of Champions League Runner-up Borussia Dortmund when they head for a tournament in Holland early next month.
BBFS Development Squads across three age groups (U11, U13 and U15) will participate in elite international tournaments in the Netherlands where they will compete against the likes of Borussia Dortmund, Feyenoord Rotterdam, Fulham, PSV Eindhoven, Fortuna Dusseldorf and Sparta Prague among others.
The tournament will be followed by a one week intensive training camp at the renowned Feyenoord Rotterdam Academy which has been awarded the best youth academy in the Netherlands for the last three years in a row. The most famous product of the Feyenoord Academy is Robin van Persie who recently won the best player award in the English Premier League.
“Both the tournament and the camp are expected to give our best players a unique opportunity to learn with the best in the world. Such exposure is rare for players in India and we are glad that through BBFS we can provide something to talented Indian kids that I never got when I was growing up. It is our endeavour to ensure that exceptional talent gets the best learning opportunities, and we are funding 7 scholars from less fortunate financial backgrounds for this tournament and camp, who I believe have the potential to be stars for India in the future,” said Bhaichung Bhutia, Founder and MD, BBFS.
BBFS Development Squads consist of the best players across BBFS in Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Greater Noida, Mumbai, Chandigarh and Jammu.
Bhaichung Bhutia Football Schools in one of the largest football schools in India with a presence across 7 cities. BBFS was started by the iconic Bhaichung Bhutia along with 2 IIT Delhi/ IIM Ahmedabad graduates, Anurag Khilnani and Kishore Taid. BBFS was setup in order to bring world-class football training at the grass-root levels in India and has been a pioneer in India in terms of implementing a game-based training methodology across its centres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why