Bhaichung offers to take over Pailan Arrows
Bhaichung Bhutia held a meeting with Apurba Saha, chairman of the Pailan Group last week and offered to take over the All India Football Federation’s (AIFF) developmental side Pailan Arrows.
Given that the Arrows and the AIFF were involved in a financial tussle with the former accusing the latter of not having paid INR 44 lakhs for the academy in their premises, Bhutia suggested that he is keen to help the club survive in the top division league as it would help the players improve further as a unit.
“What I read was that Pailan Arrows cannot have the team because of finance and they had one more year to go. I said why can’t United Sikkim can take over Pailan Arrows and keep the developmental squad. These boys when they go to different clubs, they may not get to play again. Out of 28 Pailan Arrows players, only three or four would be playing. Rather than that we are okay to take over Pailan Arrows and have the development squad playing as Pailan Sikkim.
However the United Sikkim co-owner went on to suggest that the AIFF need not exempt them from relegation as has been the case so far.
“We will continue to fight relegation as we do not want the no relegation rule,” he mentioned.
Bhaichung stated that the ball is in Pailan and AIFF’s court and he is awaiting their response on the mooted idea.
“Pailan have a contract with the AIFF and they need to sort out that with them. I have offered this idea to Pailan and AIFF as well. If they are open about it, they can call us for a meeting,” he suggested.
“(With us coming in) you take the load out of Kolkata as we have 5 clubs from the city. We are just trying to help. It’s not easy for us also to invest that kind of money.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset