Bhaichung, Sourav to egg on franchise teams
Kolkata: Premier League Soccer is no EPL or IPL but the Indian tournament promises all the thrills and frills, bringing in football icon Bhaichung Bhutia and former Indian cricket skipper Sourav Ganguly on board.
The Barasat franchise at the world players` auctions announced that Bhaichung will be their brand ambassador, while according to buzz in sports fraternity the `Prince of Kolkata` will cheer for Kolkata franchise.
Debojit Choudhury, Managing Director of Corporate Relationz who handles the Barasat franchise, told reporters that they have signed up Bhaichung as their brand ambassador. "Yes Bhutia will be our brand ambassador. We will bring soccer fiesta to Barasat Stadium with Bhutia and (Hernan) Crespo in action together," Choudhury told reporters.
Barasat team, who will be known as Euro Musketeers, have bought the Argentine star Crespo for a whopping USD 840,000, while Icelandic Teitur Thordarson will be their coach after being bought for USD 210,000.
Camelia Group, who bought the Kolkata franchise, were yet to reveal their plans but it is indicated that cricket icon Ganguly will be their star attraction along with English stars Peter Reid (coach) and Robbie Fowler (icon player).
Nil Ratan Dutta, CMD of Camelia Group, said, "We are in talks with some stars. We will annouce once we formalise everything. But being the Kolkata franchise, we promise to offer the best of entertainment and action."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16