Bhowmick appointed Bengal team TD for Santosh Trophy
Kolkata: I-League winning Churchill Brothers technical director Subhas Bhowmick on Wednesday said that he will be in-charge of Bengal team in Santosh Trophy National Football Championships.
Bhowmick, who does not have an AFC A licence degree, has been named Bengal technical director by the IFA coach`s committee as secretary Utpal Ganguli requested him to take up the job.
"Utpal Ganguli told me the I-League is eluding Bengal, while we have not won the Santosh Trophy since 2011. I could not turn down his request," Bhowmick said.
Bhowmick will have to scout for players from the CFL Premier Division as the I-League players are not allowed to play in the domestic national championship.
Sisir Ghosh was appointed coach of the side and he would assist Bhowmick, while Gautam Sarkar would be the goalkeeping coach.
The IFA coach`s committee also named Tarun Dey and Trijit Das as coaches of the under-19 side for B C Roy Trophy and under-16 side for the Mir Iqbal Trophy.
Shyamal Banerjee would coach the Bengal sub-junior side for a new tournament, called Festival for Boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- It was Lalu who pulled and hugged me, will continue to fight corruption, clarifies Arvind Kejriwal