Bilic to ingrain winning mentality at Lokomotiv
Moscow: Understanding how to achieve victory is something Lokomotiv Moscow`s football coach Slaven Bilic wants to get across to his players.
Lokomotiv suffered a shock 1-0 defeat to FC Kuban after dominating for most of the match, and missed a chance to join Anzhi Makhachkala at the top of the Russian Premier League.
Last week marked the first 100 days of Bilic as Lokomotiv manager, who signed a contract with the Muscovites on May 14, and it was time for the Croatian to ponder the results.
"As the first 100 days of my work with the team have come to an end, I have realised that in many ways we need to move forward," Bilic said.
"I want to change something in the players` psychology to bring to their understanding how to win. Namely, at certain moments you need to do more than usual for a favourable outcome."
Under Bilic`s guidance, Lokomotiv have won six, lost three and drawn two games in the league.
It is a considerable improvement over the results of the end of last season, when Jose Couceiro`s Lokomotiv lost five and drew three of their final eight games, albeit against only the top sides.
Couceiro, however, started better at Lokomotiv last year, suffering his first Premier League defeat at the hands of Spartak Moscow after nine wins in 12 games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- How al Qaeda radicalises youth and trains them, reveals arrested militant leader
- Government allows airlines to import up to 18 year old planes
- Pampore terror attack: Centre to send committee to find reason behind security lapse
- Sub-Rs 10,000 smartphone segment in India to grow 44% in 2016: CMR
- Clarity on Brexit, monsoon to steer markets