Bilic to ingrain winning mentality at Lokomotiv
Moscow: Understanding how to achieve victory is something Lokomotiv Moscow`s football coach Slaven Bilic wants to get across to his players.
Lokomotiv suffered a shock 1-0 defeat to FC Kuban after dominating for most of the match, and missed a chance to join Anzhi Makhachkala at the top of the Russian Premier League.
Last week marked the first 100 days of Bilic as Lokomotiv manager, who signed a contract with the Muscovites on May 14, and it was time for the Croatian to ponder the results.
"As the first 100 days of my work with the team have come to an end, I have realised that in many ways we need to move forward," Bilic said.
"I want to change something in the players` psychology to bring to their understanding how to win. Namely, at certain moments you need to do more than usual for a favourable outcome."
Under Bilic`s guidance, Lokomotiv have won six, lost three and drawn two games in the league.
It is a considerable improvement over the results of the end of last season, when Jose Couceiro`s Lokomotiv lost five and drew three of their final eight games, albeit against only the top sides.
Couceiro, however, started better at Lokomotiv last year, suffering his first Premier League defeat at the hands of Spartak Moscow after nine wins in 12 games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?