Birmingham City striker Marlon King arrested on `dangerous driving` charges
London: An English footballer has been arrested over charges of dangerous driving following an accident involving three cars that left a man seriously injured.
Birmingham City striker Marlon King was taken into police custody following an accident in the Nottinghamshire area of England in which a Porsche, a Volkswagen Polo and a Vauxhall Astra were involved.
The report further said that the driver of the Polo was air-lifted to a nearby hospital with serious injuries , while others suffered minor injures.
The report further said that the former Middlesbrough, Coventry, Hull, Wigan and Watford striker, who earns 10,000 pounds-a week, was last night released on police bail.
According to a report, King, who is no stranger to controversies, was jailed for 18 months in October 2009 for groping a woman in a nightclub and breaking her nose after she spurned his advances.
King was last month ruled out for the season after being forced to undergo knee surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security