Blatter blames Italy FA for punishing Roma lightly
Rome: FIFA president Sepp Blatter has criticised the Italian Football Association, claiming that fining AS Roma for racial abuse is not enough.
The Italian football authority had fined Roma 50,000 euro after a section of their supporters were heard chanting racial epitaphs at AC Milan players in their Serie A game Sunday.
Blatter insisted that a more severe punishment should have been handed out.
‘It`s not surprising that the Italian disciplinary committee has decided to only fine 24 hours after what happened, and without even investigating,’ he said.
‘To hand out just a fine is unacceptable. I will be calling the Italian Football Federation,’ he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan