Blatter blames Italy FA for punishing Roma lightly
Rome: FIFA president Sepp Blatter has criticised the Italian Football Association, claiming that fining AS Roma for racial abuse is not enough.
The Italian football authority had fined Roma 50,000 euro after a section of their supporters were heard chanting racial epitaphs at AC Milan players in their Serie A game Sunday.
Blatter insisted that a more severe punishment should have been handed out.
‘It`s not surprising that the Italian disciplinary committee has decided to only fine 24 hours after what happened, and without even investigating,’ he said.
‘To hand out just a fine is unacceptable. I will be calling the Italian Football Federation,’ he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?