Blatter blames Italy FA for punishing Roma lightly
Rome: FIFA president Sepp Blatter has criticised the Italian Football Association, claiming that fining AS Roma for racial abuse is not enough.
The Italian football authority had fined Roma 50,000 euro after a section of their supporters were heard chanting racial epitaphs at AC Milan players in their Serie A game Sunday.
Blatter insisted that a more severe punishment should have been handed out.
‘It`s not surprising that the Italian disciplinary committee has decided to only fine 24 hours after what happened, and without even investigating,’ he said.
‘To hand out just a fine is unacceptable. I will be calling the Italian Football Federation,’ he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes