Blatter expects 2022 Qatar World Cup to be moved from summer spot
London: FIFA President Sepp Blatter expects his executive committee to decide soon that the 2022 World Cup in Qatar will be switched from the scorching heat of summer to either winter or spring.
Blatter said FIFA`s executive committee will almost certainly confirm the move when it meets in Zurich on October 3 this year.
He said that he would be very much surprised if the ExCo will not accept the principle that one cannot play in summer in Qatar.
According to Sky Sports, Blatter admitted any switch in the timetable would have to be taken after consultation with leagues, clubs, national associations and players, through their international union FIFPro.
The tournament is currently due to take place in June and July when temperatures normally rise above 40 degrees.
Blatter has previously suggested November as a possible start for the month-long tournament, while recent speculation has focused on May.
A January-February slot is unlikely because of a clash with the 2022 Winter Olympics , the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth