Blatter suggests 2022 Qatar WC could also take place in Iran
London: After revealing that several countries had offered to co-host the 2022 World Cup with Qatar, Sepp Blatter has admitted that he is open to the possibility of staging the event in more than one Gulf nation.
According to The Independent, with a formal decision still to be made over whether it will be staged in the winter, Blatter also indicated that his preference is to start it in November or December rather than January or February.
Blatter said that he had just passed through Iran, and even on a political level, people had told him that they would be happy to host some of the matches.
He added that the UAE would also be very eager but the first step would be to see how it could be played in November-December.
Blatter`s comments came before he watched Nigeria beat Mexico in last night`s Under-17 World Cup final in Abu Dhabi and 24 hours before he travels to Doha to meet the Emir of Qatar to discuss the scandal over the alleged mistreatment of foreign workers building the infrastructure necessary for the country to host the World Cup, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- ONGC hires consultant to assess reserves in GSPC KG gas block
- OMG! Young girl borrows phone from unknown people to send 'mujra' ladies for clients - WATCH what happens next
- PM Narendra Modi brings water to parched Saurashtra region in Gujarat
- Afghanistan deports 250 Pakistanis due to border tension
- India test fires Scramjet engine, joins elite club of nations