Blatter suggests 2022 Qatar WC could also take place in Iran
London: After revealing that several countries had offered to co-host the 2022 World Cup with Qatar, Sepp Blatter has admitted that he is open to the possibility of staging the event in more than one Gulf nation.
According to The Independent, with a formal decision still to be made over whether it will be staged in the winter, Blatter also indicated that his preference is to start it in November or December rather than January or February.
Blatter said that he had just passed through Iran, and even on a political level, people had told him that they would be happy to host some of the matches.
He added that the UAE would also be very eager but the first step would be to see how it could be played in November-December.
Blatter`s comments came before he watched Nigeria beat Mexico in last night`s Under-17 World Cup final in Abu Dhabi and 24 hours before he travels to Doha to meet the Emir of Qatar to discuss the scandal over the alleged mistreatment of foreign workers building the infrastructure necessary for the country to host the World Cup, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan