Blistering Qatar could lose right to stage 2022 FIFA WC: Blatter
London: FIFA president Sep Blatter has admitted Qatar could lose the right to stage the World Cup in 2022 as temperatures in the Arab country rise above 50 degrees in summer.
UEFA president Michel Platini has already called for the tournament to be switched to the winter, saying at 50 degrees, you cannot possibly play football.
However, Blatter said if the Arabs ask for that change it could bring a legal challenge from the US, Australia, South Korea and Japan, who also bid to stage the finals.
Blatter added for there to be a change to winter it is necessary that Qatar ask for it and they have not done so yet.
Blatter said Qatar know if they do they risk another of the 2022 candidates bringing a challenge before FIFA and the vote would have to be repeated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics