Blistering Qatar could lose right to stage 2022 FIFA WC: Blatter
London: FIFA president Sep Blatter has admitted Qatar could lose the right to stage the World Cup in 2022 as temperatures in the Arab country rise above 50 degrees in summer.
UEFA president Michel Platini has already called for the tournament to be switched to the winter, saying at 50 degrees, you cannot possibly play football.
However, Blatter said if the Arabs ask for that change it could bring a legal challenge from the US, Australia, South Korea and Japan, who also bid to stage the finals.
Blatter added for there to be a change to winter it is necessary that Qatar ask for it and they have not done so yet.
Blatter said Qatar know if they do they risk another of the 2022 candidates bringing a challenge before FIFA and the vote would have to be repeated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!