Blistering Qatar could lose right to stage 2022 FIFA WC: Blatter
London: FIFA president Sep Blatter has admitted Qatar could lose the right to stage the World Cup in 2022 as temperatures in the Arab country rise above 50 degrees in summer.
UEFA president Michel Platini has already called for the tournament to be switched to the winter, saying at 50 degrees, you cannot possibly play football.
However, Blatter said if the Arabs ask for that change it could bring a legal challenge from the US, Australia, South Korea and Japan, who also bid to stage the finals.
Blatter added for there to be a change to winter it is necessary that Qatar ask for it and they have not done so yet.
Blatter said Qatar know if they do they risk another of the 2022 candidates bringing a challenge before FIFA and the vote would have to be repeated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof