Blistering Qatar could lose right to stage 2022 FIFA WC: Blatter
London: FIFA president Sep Blatter has admitted Qatar could lose the right to stage the World Cup in 2022 as temperatures in the Arab country rise above 50 degrees in summer.
UEFA president Michel Platini has already called for the tournament to be switched to the winter, saying at 50 degrees, you cannot possibly play football.
However, Blatter said if the Arabs ask for that change it could bring a legal challenge from the US, Australia, South Korea and Japan, who also bid to stage the finals.
Blatter added for there to be a change to winter it is necessary that Qatar ask for it and they have not done so yet.
Blatter said Qatar know if they do they risk another of the 2022 candidates bringing a challenge before FIFA and the vote would have to be repeated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded