Bobby Charlton says Manchester United made mistakes last season under David Moyes
London: Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton has said that the club made mistakes last season under David Moyes and described the current pre-season under new manager Louis van Gaal as marvellous.
Charlton, who is United`s ambassador, said that he hoped the club would be well-served by a really clever man.
But Charlton has admitted that United struggled a little bit last year and maybe a few people made a few mistakes, but he does not feel that the mistakes would make them now, The BBC reported.
Charlton, who is also a director at Old Trafford, made 758 appearances for the club, scoring 249 goals and captaining them to the European Cup in 1968.
Moyes had been chosen by his predecessor Sir Alex Ferguson after the Scot retired following 26 years in charge, but the former Everton boss was sacked in April after a disappointing 10 months in charge.
United finished seventh last season, which was their worst campaign in Premier League history, and failed to qualify for the Champions League or the Europa League, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Goa Board 12th HSSC Result 2016: Goaresults.nic.in & Gbshse.gov.in GBSHSE Class 12th HSSC Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 10, 2016
- Head of All World Gayatri Pariwar Pranav Pandya nominated to Rajya Sabha
- India received $48 billion in remittances in 9 months of last fiscal
- Rajya Sabha accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- Swachh Bharat mission fails March 2016 urban-trash targets