Bobby Charlton says Manchester United made mistakes last season under David Moyes
London: Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton has said that the club made mistakes last season under David Moyes and described the current pre-season under new manager Louis van Gaal as marvellous.
Charlton, who is United`s ambassador, said that he hoped the club would be well-served by a really clever man.
But Charlton has admitted that United struggled a little bit last year and maybe a few people made a few mistakes, but he does not feel that the mistakes would make them now, The BBC reported.
Charlton, who is also a director at Old Trafford, made 758 appearances for the club, scoring 249 goals and captaining them to the European Cup in 1968.
Moyes had been chosen by his predecessor Sir Alex Ferguson after the Scot retired following 26 years in charge, but the former Everton boss was sacked in April after a disappointing 10 months in charge.
United finished seventh last season, which was their worst campaign in Premier League history, and failed to qualify for the Champions League or the Europa League, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her