Boca Juniors ink deal with Beijing
Buenos Aires: Boca Juniors Wednesday signed an agreement with the Chinese government to train budding Chinese football players in Argentina.
At the ceremony at a leading hotel in downtown Buenos Aires, Daniel Angelici, the president of the club, pledged to "continue working" with China, adding "Boca always aims to be a pioneer in these instances of exchange," reports Xinhua.
Boca is one of the two most popular teams in the country, along with River Plate, and the Chinese youth will be lodged at the club `s sports facility and guest house at La Bombonera Stadium in the La Boca district of Buenos Aires, to train and "get to know the World of Boca," said Angelici.
The cultural attache at the Chinese embassy in Buenos Aires, Han Mengtang, said it was "very important for the Chinese youth to come and learn world class football."
Han underscored Argentina`s performance at the 2014 Brazil World Cup, where the team made it to the finals, losing 1-0 to Germany Sunday.
"It was an exciting World Cup," noted Han, saying that "in the seven games they played we have seen Argentina were the world`s best."
"Many Chinese are fans of Argentina`s national team and of Argentine clubs," Han said.
The accord initially calls for 60 junior players from Beijing to arrive in Argentina, in three stages, for training with Boca and a series of friendly games.
Later, as part of the second phase of the agreement, Argentine coaches will travel to Beijing, to share their techniques with coaches and trainers there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM