Boca Juniors move to top of Copa Libertadores group
Buenos Aires: Boca Juniors moved to the top of Group 1 of the Copa Libertadores with a 1-0 victory over Barcelona de Guayaquil.
Striker Nicolas Blandi put the home side ahead after just eight minutes on the clock here on Wednesday.
Barcelona pressured the home side`s defence late in the match and were unlucky not to be awarded a penalty when playmaker Damian Diaz appeared to be pulled down in the box.
Boca now have nine points from five matches while Barcelona are last in the group with three points.
In other matches, San Jose drew with Tijuana 1-1, Huachipato defeated Caracas away 4-0, Atletico Mineiro beat Arsenal de Sarandi 5-2 and Corinthians overcame Millonarios away 1-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Liquor mafia attacks police, media personnel in Madhya Pradesh; 2 held
- 'Dishoom' poster OUT! Varun Dhawan, John Abraham look uber classy
- Starving Iraqis risk all to flee Islamic State`s crumbling rule
- 'Like Modi, next US Prez should outline economic growth plan'
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella India visit: Talks of transformative role of apps and services to come