Boca Juniors move to top of Copa Libertadores group
Buenos Aires: Boca Juniors moved to the top of Group 1 of the Copa Libertadores with a 1-0 victory over Barcelona de Guayaquil.
Striker Nicolas Blandi put the home side ahead after just eight minutes on the clock here on Wednesday.
Barcelona pressured the home side`s defence late in the match and were unlucky not to be awarded a penalty when playmaker Damian Diaz appeared to be pulled down in the box.
Boca now have nine points from five matches while Barcelona are last in the group with three points.
In other matches, San Jose drew with Tijuana 1-1, Huachipato defeated Caracas away 4-0, Atletico Mineiro beat Arsenal de Sarandi 5-2 and Corinthians overcame Millonarios away 1-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what