Boca Juniors overcome Barcelona 2-1
Rio de Janeiro: Two second-half goals in the space of four minutes were enough to give Argentine giants Boca Juniors a 2-1 away victory over Ecuador`s Barcelona in their Copa Libertadores Group 1 clash in Guayaquil.
Argentina international forward Juan Manuel Martinez gave the visitors the lead with a 59th minute strike from close range before Claudio Perez made it 2-0 by heading in a Nicolas Colazo`s free-kick, reports Xinhua.
Barcelona reduced the deficit in injury time when Michael Arroyo converted from the penalty spot after Juan Carlos Paredes was brought down by Clemente Rodriguez.
The victory was Boca`s first for the season in Latin America`s premier club competition and moves them to within a point of group leaders Nacional of Uruguay.
In other matches, defending champions Corinthians defeated Millonarios 2-0, Deportes Iquique overcame Emelec 2-0 and Fluminense secured a 2-1 away victory over Huachipato.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Aussie legend Craig McDermott hails Ishant Sharma as a real workhorse
- Spain seeks `urgent` answers from London after nuclear sub collision
- Tinder rolls out its new feature in India
- Transgenders to soon be categorised as 'third gender', can change gender after sex-change surgery
- 'Don't abandon search', MH370 families plead