Boca`s goalkeeper salvages 1-1 draw against Independiente
Buenos Aires: The outstanding performance of Boca Junior`s goalkeeper Agustin Orion saved his team from losing for the second time to Independiente as two sides drew 1-1 in the seventh round of Argentina`s final tournament.
At the ‘Libertadores de America’ stadium in Avellaneda, in south Greater Buenos Aires, Independiente had a better performance than the rival team here Sunday.
In the 11th minute, Orion stopped a penalty shot by Daniel Montenegro and five minutes later, Boca`s defense Cristian Cellay was expelled.
Boca, led by Carlos Bianchi, opened the scoring through a header by Uruguayan Santiago Silva on 38 minutes.
In the second half, Independiente continued to push hard but Orion managed to stop them until Paraguayan defender Claudio Morel Rodriguez equalized on 62 minutes.
Independiente have eight points, one more than Boca, who are far behind the leaders Lanus which have 16 points.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference