Boca`s goalkeeper salvages 1-1 draw against Independiente
Buenos Aires: The outstanding performance of Boca Junior`s goalkeeper Agustin Orion saved his team from losing for the second time to Independiente as two sides drew 1-1 in the seventh round of Argentina`s final tournament.
At the ‘Libertadores de America’ stadium in Avellaneda, in south Greater Buenos Aires, Independiente had a better performance than the rival team here Sunday.
In the 11th minute, Orion stopped a penalty shot by Daniel Montenegro and five minutes later, Boca`s defense Cristian Cellay was expelled.
Boca, led by Carlos Bianchi, opened the scoring through a header by Uruguayan Santiago Silva on 38 minutes.
In the second half, Independiente continued to push hard but Orion managed to stop them until Paraguayan defender Claudio Morel Rodriguez equalized on 62 minutes.
Independiente have eight points, one more than Boca, who are far behind the leaders Lanus which have 16 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM