Bolivia striker Moreno rejoins Cruzeiro
Rio de Janeiro: Bolivia international striker Marcelo Moreno has rejoined Brazilian champions Cruzeiro on loan.
The 26-year-old confirmed on Facebook Thursday he would begin training immediately with the club he represented eight times in 2007 and 2008, reports Xinhua.
"It`s with great pleasure that I officially announce my return to Cruzeiro," Moreno said.
"I am very happy to come back and wear this shirt."
The former Werder Bremen and Wigan Athletic forward endured a disappointing 2013. Having been left out of Gremio`s Brazilian league plans, he was loaned to rivals Flamengo but managed just two goals from 16 matches with the Rio de Janeiro club.
Moreno was once considered among South America`s most promising strikers, scoring a competition-high eight goals in the 2008 Copa Libertadores, the continent`s premier club trophy.
Gremio own 70 percent of his economic rights with the remainder held by Ukraine`s Shakhtar Donetsk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi