Bolivia striker Moreno rejoins Cruzeiro
Rio de Janeiro: Bolivia international striker Marcelo Moreno has rejoined Brazilian champions Cruzeiro on loan.
The 26-year-old confirmed on Facebook Thursday he would begin training immediately with the club he represented eight times in 2007 and 2008, reports Xinhua.
"It`s with great pleasure that I officially announce my return to Cruzeiro," Moreno said.
"I am very happy to come back and wear this shirt."
The former Werder Bremen and Wigan Athletic forward endured a disappointing 2013. Having been left out of Gremio`s Brazilian league plans, he was loaned to rivals Flamengo but managed just two goals from 16 matches with the Rio de Janeiro club.
Moreno was once considered among South America`s most promising strikers, scoring a competition-high eight goals in the 2008 Copa Libertadores, the continent`s premier club trophy.
Gremio own 70 percent of his economic rights with the remainder held by Ukraine`s Shakhtar Donetsk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump