Bolivia striker Moreno to quit Gremio
Rio de Janeiro: Former Wigan Athletic striker Marcelo Moreno has revealed his intention to quit Brazilian club Gremio due to a rift with coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo.
Moreno, the club`s leading scorer last year with 21 goals, has fallen out of favour under Luxemburgo, whose wealth of attacking options include Argentine central forward Hernan Barcos and Chilean winger Eduardo Vargas.
The 25-year-old Bolivia international was not even on the bench for Gremio`s 1-2 away loss to Caracas in the Copa Libertadores last week.
"As long as Luxemburgo is manager I will not play for Gremio again," Moreno said on Wednesday. "That is very clear for me. By June I will make a decision about my future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena