Bolivia striker Moreno to quit Gremio
Rio de Janeiro: Former Wigan Athletic striker Marcelo Moreno has revealed his intention to quit Brazilian club Gremio due to a rift with coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo.
Moreno, the club`s leading scorer last year with 21 goals, has fallen out of favour under Luxemburgo, whose wealth of attacking options include Argentine central forward Hernan Barcos and Chilean winger Eduardo Vargas.
The 25-year-old Bolivia international was not even on the bench for Gremio`s 1-2 away loss to Caracas in the Copa Libertadores last week.
"As long as Luxemburgo is manager I will not play for Gremio again," Moreno said on Wednesday. "That is very clear for me. By June I will make a decision about my future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?