Bolivia striker Moreno to quit Gremio
Rio de Janeiro: Former Wigan Athletic striker Marcelo Moreno has revealed his intention to quit Brazilian club Gremio due to a rift with coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo.
Moreno, the club`s leading scorer last year with 21 goals, has fallen out of favour under Luxemburgo, whose wealth of attacking options include Argentine central forward Hernan Barcos and Chilean winger Eduardo Vargas.
The 25-year-old Bolivia international was not even on the bench for Gremio`s 1-2 away loss to Caracas in the Copa Libertadores last week.
"As long as Luxemburgo is manager I will not play for Gremio again," Moreno said on Wednesday. "That is very clear for me. By June I will make a decision about my future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video