Bomb squad called to World Cup stadium
Moscow: Bomb squad officers were called to the site of a football World Cup 2018 stadium in Moscow after construction workers found an object thought to be an unexploded aerial bomb.
The device was found Monday, less than 300 metres from the Spartak stadium`s south stand during work to build the 43,000-capacity stadium.
"A device similar to an aerial bomb has been found," a statement on the stadium`s official website said.
Work on the stadium had not been interrupted, the statement said. Moscow was bombed by the German air force during World War II.
The arena in northwest Moscow is scheduled to be completed next year, and has been proposed as a venue for the 2017 Confederations Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption