Bomb squad called to World Cup stadium
Moscow: Bomb squad officers were called to the site of a football World Cup 2018 stadium in Moscow after construction workers found an object thought to be an unexploded aerial bomb.
The device was found Monday, less than 300 metres from the Spartak stadium`s south stand during work to build the 43,000-capacity stadium.
"A device similar to an aerial bomb has been found," a statement on the stadium`s official website said.
Work on the stadium had not been interrupted, the statement said. Moscow was bombed by the German air force during World War II.
The arena in northwest Moscow is scheduled to be completed next year, and has been proposed as a venue for the 2017 Confederations Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended