Bomb squad called to World Cup stadium
Moscow: Bomb squad officers were called to the site of a football World Cup 2018 stadium in Moscow after construction workers found an object thought to be an unexploded aerial bomb.
The device was found Monday, less than 300 metres from the Spartak stadium`s south stand during work to build the 43,000-capacity stadium.
"A device similar to an aerial bomb has been found," a statement on the stadium`s official website said.
Work on the stadium had not been interrupted, the statement said. Moscow was bombed by the German air force during World War II.
The arena in northwest Moscow is scheduled to be completed next year, and has been proposed as a venue for the 2017 Confederations Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Punjab seeks probe into AAP funding by radicals
- One killed, 13 injured in mob-police clash in Bengal
- Odisha officials harassing man who carried wife's corpse: Complaint
- MS Dhoni wishes to play more in America, says it's good venue for cricket
- CID takes over Bengal hospital fire probe, one detained for questioning