Bookies back Spain to lift World Cup
Cape Town: Leading South African bookies, GreatOdds, are backing Spain to win Sunday’s World Cup final against the Netherlands.
GreatOdds have Spain on offer at 23/20 to win their first ever World Cup title, while Netherlands, who are appearing in their third final, are being backed at 13/5, Sport24 reports. draw is being offered at 11/5.
Reigning European champions, Spain, have so far lost only one game in the tournament.
They lost their opening Group stage match 1-0 to Switzerland, and then registered wins over Honduras (2-1) and Chile (2-1). In the Round of 16 they accounted for Portugal 1-0, before beating Paraguay 1-0 in the quarterfinals and Germany 1-0 in the semis.
Netherlands is unbeaten in the tournament so far, with Group stage victories over Denmark (2-0), Japan (1-0) and Cameroon (2-1) before hey beat Slovakia 2-1 in the Round of 16, Brazil 2-1 in the quarterfinals and Uruguay 3-2 in the semi-finals.
Meanwhile, Germany is being backed for the playoff for third position to be played in Port Elizabeth on Saturday.
Germany is rated at 13/20, while Uruguay at 15/4. A draw is on offer at 11/4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley