Bookies back Spain to lift World Cup
Cape Town: Leading South African bookies, GreatOdds, are backing Spain to win Sunday’s World Cup final against the Netherlands.
GreatOdds have Spain on offer at 23/20 to win their first ever World Cup title, while Netherlands, who are appearing in their third final, are being backed at 13/5, Sport24 reports. draw is being offered at 11/5.
Reigning European champions, Spain, have so far lost only one game in the tournament.
They lost their opening Group stage match 1-0 to Switzerland, and then registered wins over Honduras (2-1) and Chile (2-1). In the Round of 16 they accounted for Portugal 1-0, before beating Paraguay 1-0 in the quarterfinals and Germany 1-0 in the semis.
Netherlands is unbeaten in the tournament so far, with Group stage victories over Denmark (2-0), Japan (1-0) and Cameroon (2-1) before hey beat Slovakia 2-1 in the Round of 16, Brazil 2-1 in the quarterfinals and Uruguay 3-2 in the semi-finals.
Meanwhile, Germany is being backed for the playoff for third position to be played in Port Elizabeth on Saturday.
Germany is rated at 13/20, while Uruguay at 15/4. A draw is on offer at 11/4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani