Bordeaux chief admits Zidane interest
Bordeaux: Bordeaux`s majority shareholder has admitted that the Ligue 1 club are interested in appointing former player and France great Zinedine Zidane as their next coach.
"Zidane? What is football as a business? It is an entertainment business! And if you have the best person in charge then all the better," said Nicolas De Tavernost, president of M6, the media network that owns Bordeaux.
"So Zidane at Bordeaux, for us, would be fantastic.
"But there are certain conditions which would have to be met first. To say that we have not thought about him would be a lie, but to say that a deal will be done would be going too far."
The star of the France side that won the 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000, Zidane played for Bordeaux between 1992 and 1996 and is currently working as an assistant coach at Real Madrid.
Current Bordeaux coach Francis Gillot admitted last week that he would leave this summer despite having a year to run on his contract.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'