‘Born again’ Muamba eyeing career in football politics
Johannesburg: Fabrice Muamba, who miraculously recovered from an on-field cardiac arrest, is contemplating a career in football politics now, and is set to meet FIFA chief Sepp Blatter to hold talks over his future.
The midfielder was forced to retire from soccer in August, four months after collapsing at Tottenham Hotspurs while playing for Bolton Wanderers in front of a global television audience.
Muamba finds going to soccer matches tough emotionally, but admits he``s now attracted to sports politics.
“I like this kind of side of it, making decisions... I have a meeting with Sepp Blatter,” Sports24 quoted Muamba, as saying.
The former England under-21 international added, “hopefully he can get a job for me.”
The meeting is due to take place in Zurich on October 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir