‘Born again’ Muamba eyeing career in football politics
Johannesburg: Fabrice Muamba, who miraculously recovered from an on-field cardiac arrest, is contemplating a career in football politics now, and is set to meet FIFA chief Sepp Blatter to hold talks over his future.
The midfielder was forced to retire from soccer in August, four months after collapsing at Tottenham Hotspurs while playing for Bolton Wanderers in front of a global television audience.
Muamba finds going to soccer matches tough emotionally, but admits he``s now attracted to sports politics.
“I like this kind of side of it, making decisions... I have a meeting with Sepp Blatter,” Sports24 quoted Muamba, as saying.
The former England under-21 international added, “hopefully he can get a job for me.”
The meeting is due to take place in Zurich on October 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster