‘Born again’ Muamba eyeing career in football politics
Johannesburg: Fabrice Muamba, who miraculously recovered from an on-field cardiac arrest, is contemplating a career in football politics now, and is set to meet FIFA chief Sepp Blatter to hold talks over his future.
The midfielder was forced to retire from soccer in August, four months after collapsing at Tottenham Hotspurs while playing for Bolton Wanderers in front of a global television audience.
Muamba finds going to soccer matches tough emotionally, but admits he``s now attracted to sports politics.
“I like this kind of side of it, making decisions... I have a meeting with Sepp Blatter,” Sports24 quoted Muamba, as saying.
The former England under-21 international added, “hopefully he can get a job for me.”
The meeting is due to take place in Zurich on October 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues