Borussia Dortmund`s Neven Subotic suffers suspected torn cruciate
Berlin: Borussia Dortmund centre-back Neven Subotic faces a potential injury lay-off after suffering a suspected torn cruciate knee ligament in Saturday`s 2-1 Bundesliga defeat at Wolfsburg.
The Serbia international came off after 45 minutes at Wolves and coach Jurgen Klopp said the 24-year-old had "probably" torn his cruciate ligament.
"It`s terrible news," Klopp told German Sky Sports. "Our doctor still has to organise a scan and we`ll find everything out then."
Second-placed Dortmund host European champions Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga in a fortnight in a repeat of last season`s Champions League final with the Bavarians four points clear at the top.
Four days later, Dortmund host Napoli in a crucial match in the Champions League where they are third in Group F having lost 1-0 at home to Arsenal last Wednesday.
Dortmund have only just welcomed Subotic`s centre-back partner, Germany`s Mats Hummels, from a back injury, but Borussia can rely on Greece defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos as cover for Subotic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why