Borussia Dortmund`s Neven Subotic suffers suspected torn cruciate
Berlin: Borussia Dortmund centre-back Neven Subotic faces a potential injury lay-off after suffering a suspected torn cruciate knee ligament in Saturday`s 2-1 Bundesliga defeat at Wolfsburg.
The Serbia international came off after 45 minutes at Wolves and coach Jurgen Klopp said the 24-year-old had "probably" torn his cruciate ligament.
"It`s terrible news," Klopp told German Sky Sports. "Our doctor still has to organise a scan and we`ll find everything out then."
Second-placed Dortmund host European champions Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga in a fortnight in a repeat of last season`s Champions League final with the Bavarians four points clear at the top.
Four days later, Dortmund host Napoli in a crucial match in the Champions League where they are third in Group F having lost 1-0 at home to Arsenal last Wednesday.
Dortmund have only just welcomed Subotic`s centre-back partner, Germany`s Mats Hummels, from a back injury, but Borussia can rely on Greece defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos as cover for Subotic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam