Borussia Dortmund`s Neven Subotic suffers suspected torn cruciate
Berlin: Borussia Dortmund centre-back Neven Subotic faces a potential injury lay-off after suffering a suspected torn cruciate knee ligament in Saturday`s 2-1 Bundesliga defeat at Wolfsburg.
The Serbia international came off after 45 minutes at Wolves and coach Jurgen Klopp said the 24-year-old had "probably" torn his cruciate ligament.
"It`s terrible news," Klopp told German Sky Sports. "Our doctor still has to organise a scan and we`ll find everything out then."
Second-placed Dortmund host European champions Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga in a fortnight in a repeat of last season`s Champions League final with the Bavarians four points clear at the top.
Four days later, Dortmund host Napoli in a crucial match in the Champions League where they are third in Group F having lost 1-0 at home to Arsenal last Wednesday.
Dortmund have only just welcomed Subotic`s centre-back partner, Germany`s Mats Hummels, from a back injury, but Borussia can rely on Greece defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos as cover for Subotic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'