Borussia Dortmund win at Bayern Munich
Berlin: Mario Goetze scored to give defending champion Borussia Dortmund a 1-0 win at Bundesliga leader Bayern Munich to cut its gap in the standings to two points.
Goetze scored for Dortmund (8-3-2) in the 65th minute when Shinji Kagawa flicked the ball toward him and over Jerome Boateng, allowing the 19-year-old playmaker to prod it past Manuel Neuer from 10 yards.
Winger Arjen Robben had little effect in only his third league start of the season for Bayern (9-3-1). Mario Gomez had a penalty appeal waved away in the 86th. Franck Ribery came close to tying the score in injury time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation