Borussia Dortmund win at Bayern Munich
Berlin: Mario Goetze scored to give defending champion Borussia Dortmund a 1-0 win at Bundesliga leader Bayern Munich to cut its gap in the standings to two points.
Goetze scored for Dortmund (8-3-2) in the 65th minute when Shinji Kagawa flicked the ball toward him and over Jerome Boateng, allowing the 19-year-old playmaker to prod it past Manuel Neuer from 10 yards.
Winger Arjen Robben had little effect in only his third league start of the season for Bayern (9-3-1). Mario Gomez had a penalty appeal waved away in the 86th. Franck Ribery came close to tying the score in injury time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II