Borussia Dortmund win domestic double beating Bayern Munich
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Germany: Borussia Dortmund blew away the challenge from 2012 Champions League finalist Bayern Munich as the Bundesliga Champions routed the Bavarians 5-2 to clinch the German Cup, DFB Pokal.
Dortmund’s star striker Robert Lewandowski scored a hat-trick as defender Mats Hummels converted a penalty and Shinji Kagawa also found the net.
For Bayern, Arjen Robben converted a first half penalty and French international and Bayern playmaker Frank Ribery found the net in the second half.
With this victory Die Borussen scripted history by winning their first domestic double for the first time in their 103 year history.
"That was a cup final which no one from Dortmund could have better imagined," beamed Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp after his first cup win.
"We cannot complain. Our entire defensive play was a catastrophe," admitted Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes.
"We have to take the blame and we did not deserve to win. We still have a major goal in mind and I think we will have all recovered from the shock by the Champions League final. That will be a completely different game."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'