Borussia Dortmund win domestic double beating Bayern Munich
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Germany: Borussia Dortmund blew away the challenge from 2012 Champions League finalist Bayern Munich as the Bundesliga Champions routed the Bavarians 5-2 to clinch the German Cup, DFB Pokal.
Dortmund’s star striker Robert Lewandowski scored a hat-trick as defender Mats Hummels converted a penalty and Shinji Kagawa also found the net.
For Bayern, Arjen Robben converted a first half penalty and French international and Bayern playmaker Frank Ribery found the net in the second half.
With this victory Die Borussen scripted history by winning their first domestic double for the first time in their 103 year history.
"That was a cup final which no one from Dortmund could have better imagined," beamed Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp after his first cup win.
"We cannot complain. Our entire defensive play was a catastrophe," admitted Bayern coach Jupp Heynckes.
"We have to take the blame and we did not deserve to win. We still have a major goal in mind and I think we will have all recovered from the shock by the Champions League final. That will be a completely different game."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000