Botafogo revives interest in Seedorf
Rio de Janerio: Brazilian football giants Botafogo have reinstated their interest in signing veteran AC Milan`s veteran Dutch midfielder Clarence Seedorf.
The Brazilian club revealed Saturday it had maintained regular contact with Seedorf since a six-hour meeting between directors and the 36-year-old last year, Xinhua reported.
"If I told you that we hadn`t been in contact throughout this time I would be lying," Botafogo`s vice director of football Andre Silva told Globoesporte.
"It`s our desire to have him here. It`s now a matter for the club`s technical department. The only question we have is financial but if I get the ok, I will jump on the next flight to Milan."
The Dutch international earns a reported monthly salary of 250,000 euros with the Serie A club. It is understood he is seeking 80,000 euros above what Botafogo is prepared to offer.
Silva`s comments come a day after Botafogo coach Oswaldo de Oliveira confirmed the club`s interest in the Suriname-born playmaker.
Seedorf, who has been at Milan since 2002, has made 28 competitive appearances this season.
He is the only player to have won the Champions League four times with three different clubs: Ajax (1995), Real Madrid (1998), Milan (2003, 2007).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside