Botafogo revives interest in Seedorf
Rio de Janerio: Brazilian football giants Botafogo have reinstated their interest in signing veteran AC Milan`s veteran Dutch midfielder Clarence Seedorf.
The Brazilian club revealed Saturday it had maintained regular contact with Seedorf since a six-hour meeting between directors and the 36-year-old last year, Xinhua reported.
"If I told you that we hadn`t been in contact throughout this time I would be lying," Botafogo`s vice director of football Andre Silva told Globoesporte.
"It`s our desire to have him here. It`s now a matter for the club`s technical department. The only question we have is financial but if I get the ok, I will jump on the next flight to Milan."
The Dutch international earns a reported monthly salary of 250,000 euros with the Serie A club. It is understood he is seeking 80,000 euros above what Botafogo is prepared to offer.
Silva`s comments come a day after Botafogo coach Oswaldo de Oliveira confirmed the club`s interest in the Suriname-born playmaker.
Seedorf, who has been at Milan since 2002, has made 28 competitive appearances this season.
He is the only player to have won the Champions League four times with three different clubs: Ajax (1995), Real Madrid (1998), Milan (2003, 2007).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Hubble peers into the core of a starburst galaxy – See pic!
- JuD medical team wants to visit Kashmir to treat injured, applies for Indian visa
- Twin suicide bombs kill 13 near Mogadishu airport
- CPI(M) Kashmir criticises DG CRPF for his comment on pellet guns
- Anil Kapoor opens up about kissing scene in '24'! – Read more