Botswana lose to Ethiopia in World Cup qualifier
Gaborone (Bostwana): Ethiopia scored two goals against the run of play to secure a 2-1 victory over Botswana in the 2014 FIFA World Cup Africa zone qualifier group A match.
Degu Debebe Gebreyes opened the score for the Ethiopians in the 34th minute after the home side missed a host of chances in the opening half Saturday.
Salahdin Said Ahmed created the goal following some tricky footwork inside the box that ripped aside the Zebras` defence. Salahdin moved from provider to scorer in the first minute of first half injury time doubling the lead for the visitors.
The win meant Ethiopia remain at the top of the group with 10 points while Botswana are rooted at the bottom and are out of the race of qualifying to the next stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what