Botswana lose to Ethiopia in World Cup qualifier
Gaborone (Bostwana): Ethiopia scored two goals against the run of play to secure a 2-1 victory over Botswana in the 2014 FIFA World Cup Africa zone qualifier group A match.
Degu Debebe Gebreyes opened the score for the Ethiopians in the 34th minute after the home side missed a host of chances in the opening half Saturday.
Salahdin Said Ahmed created the goal following some tricky footwork inside the box that ripped aside the Zebras` defence. Salahdin moved from provider to scorer in the first minute of first half injury time doubling the lead for the visitors.
The win meant Ethiopia remain at the top of the group with 10 points while Botswana are rooted at the bottom and are out of the race of qualifying to the next stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country