Botswana lose to Ethiopia in World Cup qualifier
Gaborone (Bostwana): Ethiopia scored two goals against the run of play to secure a 2-1 victory over Botswana in the 2014 FIFA World Cup Africa zone qualifier group A match.
Degu Debebe Gebreyes opened the score for the Ethiopians in the 34th minute after the home side missed a host of chances in the opening half Saturday.
Salahdin Said Ahmed created the goal following some tricky footwork inside the box that ripped aside the Zebras` defence. Salahdin moved from provider to scorer in the first minute of first half injury time doubling the lead for the visitors.
The win meant Ethiopia remain at the top of the group with 10 points while Botswana are rooted at the bottom and are out of the race of qualifying to the next stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why