Bradley ruled out of US friendly against Ukraine
Midfielder Michael Bradley will miss the United States` friendly against Ukraine on Wednesday as he seeks treatment for a minor injury, USA Soccer said Saturday.
Midfielder Mix Diskerud was also ruled out because of injury, while defender Tim Ream of English club Bolton was excused from the squad for personal reasons, and no replacements will be added.
The match will be held in Larnaca, Cyprus. It was originally set to be played in Kharkiv but the location was changed because of the unrest in Ukraine.
USA Soccer said that Bradley, whose Toronto FC open their 2014 Major League Soccer season in Seattle on March 15, will stay behind for treatment on a "minor issue."
Diskerud, of Rosenborg in Norway, has yet to regain full fitness after injuring his right hip 10 days ago.
The match falls on the only FIFA international fixture date before May, making this the one opportunity for European-based players to play for the United States before the start of coach Jurgen Klinsmann`s pre-World Cup preparation camp.
Klinsmann said last week that made it even more important for the Europe-based World Cup hopefuls to have a good showing.
The team was set to begin gathering in Frankfurt on Sunday for two days of training.
Goalkeepers: Cody Cropper (Southampton/ENG), Brad Guzan (Aston Villa/ENG), Tim Howard (Everton/ENG)
Defenders: John Brooks (Hertha Berlin/GER), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City/ENG), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana/MEX), Alfredo Morales (Ingolstadt/GER), Oguchi Onyewu (Sheffield Wednesday/ENG), Will Packwood (Birmingham City/ENG)
Midfielders: Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes/FRA), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim/GER), Jermaine Jones (Besiktas/TUR), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht/BEL), Brek Shea (Barnsley/ENG), Danny Williams (Reading/ENG)
Forwards: Juan Agudelo (Utrecht/NED), Jozy Altidore (Sunderland/ENG), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna/AUT), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders), Julian Green (Bayern Munich/GER), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar/NED)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves