Brazil captain Silva in doubt for France friendly
Porto Alegre (Brazil): Brazil captain Thiago Silva is in doubt for Sunday`s international friendly against France here due to injury.
The Paris Saint-Germain center-back was absent from training Friday, reportedly suffering muscle soreness following Brazil`s 2-2 draw with England at the Maracana stadium last Sunday.
His place could be taken by Atletico Mineiro defender Rever, who partnered David Luiz in the heart of defence during match simulation Friday.
Meanwhile, former Manchester City striker Jo is expected to start on the bench in place of Leandro Damiao, cut from Brazil`s Confederations Cup squad with a torn quadriceps.
Coach Felipe Scolari is also set to recall Real Madrid left-back Marcelo at the expense of Atletico Madrid`s Filipe Luis.
Marcelo was used as a second-half substitute against England as Scolari eased the 25-year-old back to full-fitness following an injury-ravaged 2012-13 season.
Sunday`s clash will be Brazil`s final warm-up before their Confederations Cup debut against Japan in Brasilia June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details