Brazil favourites for Confederations Cup, says Del Bosque
Brasilia: Vicente del Bosque has played down Spain`s chances of winning the Confederations Cup final against Brazil.
La Roja booked their place in Sunday`s showpiece following a tense penalty shootout against Italy on Thursday, from which the Spaniards emerged 7-6 winners after Jesus Navas capitalised on Leonardo Bonucci`s miss during sudden death.
However, Del Bosque`s men have played an extra 30 minutes compared to the Selecao and will have one day less recovery time before the final, making the Spain boss believe his side are underdogs.
He told a press conference: "Brazil are the favourites. They have five World Cups, three Confederations Cups, we`re going to be facing them at the Maracana and we`re excited to do so.
"We want to recover and get there in the best condition possible. In the next three days, we`ll try to do so.
"Spain played 120 minutes tonight and they are players who usually play two matches a week, so we believe that we will be able to give it our all on Sunday.
"We don`t know who will dominate, who will have more possession. We`ll try to. Tonight, Italy were very strong and they held control of the match."
The former Real Madrid coach went on to identify where Luiz Felipe Scolari`s men will pose most threat to his team and concluded it would be a mistake to focus on one individual while ignoring the collective force of their opponents.
He stated: "[Dani] Alves and Marcelo are great. They`re able to influence a game.
"Neymar is fantastic and their middle of the pitch is also absolutely fantastic, but we can`t talk about just one Brazilian player who we`ll guard against."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users