Brazil favourites for Confederations Cup, says Del Bosque
Brasilia: Vicente del Bosque has played down Spain`s chances of winning the Confederations Cup final against Brazil.
La Roja booked their place in Sunday`s showpiece following a tense penalty shootout against Italy on Thursday, from which the Spaniards emerged 7-6 winners after Jesus Navas capitalised on Leonardo Bonucci`s miss during sudden death.
However, Del Bosque`s men have played an extra 30 minutes compared to the Selecao and will have one day less recovery time before the final, making the Spain boss believe his side are underdogs.
He told a press conference: "Brazil are the favourites. They have five World Cups, three Confederations Cups, we`re going to be facing them at the Maracana and we`re excited to do so.
"We want to recover and get there in the best condition possible. In the next three days, we`ll try to do so.
"Spain played 120 minutes tonight and they are players who usually play two matches a week, so we believe that we will be able to give it our all on Sunday.
"We don`t know who will dominate, who will have more possession. We`ll try to. Tonight, Italy were very strong and they held control of the match."
The former Real Madrid coach went on to identify where Luiz Felipe Scolari`s men will pose most threat to his team and concluded it would be a mistake to focus on one individual while ignoring the collective force of their opponents.
He stated: "[Dani] Alves and Marcelo are great. They`re able to influence a game.
"Neymar is fantastic and their middle of the pitch is also absolutely fantastic, but we can`t talk about just one Brazilian player who we`ll guard against."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city