Brazil great Bebeto`s son set to join Juventus
Rio de Janeiro: Flamengo has agreed to sell the son of Brazil World Cup winner Bebeto to Italian giants Juventus, the Brazilian club confirmed.
Mattheus, an 18-year-old playmaker and product of Flamengo`s youth academy, is expected to sign with the Turin outfit by next week.
"We only need to sign one more document which we are waiting for from Italy but it`s practically a done deal," Flamengo football director Paulo Pelaipe said.
Talks between the clubs began in January after Mattheus impressed Juventus talent scouts while representing Brazil at the South American Under-20 championship in Argentina.
The announcement comes just days after Mattheus expressed a desire to leave the Rio de Janeiro outfit.
Bebeto scored 39 goals from 75 international matches for Brazil and was a member of the team`s 1994 World Cup-winning team in the United States.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra