Brazil in mass cull of backroom staff
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil continued a mass clearout of their World Cup backroom staff on Tuesday following the resignation of coach Luiz Felipe Scolari.
Team doctor Jose Luis Runco and head of communications Rodrigo Paiva became the latest casualties of a campaign that turned on its head with the 7-1 semi-final mauling at the hands of eventual champions Germany, the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) said.
Scolari and his assistants went on Monday.
Runco was a veteran of the 2002 campaign who had been in the post ever since, Globo reported.
Paiva was suspended during the tournament for striking Chilean player Mauricio Pinilla during their last 16 match, which Brazil narrowly won on penalties.
Only head of logistics Guilherme Ribeiro has survived the cull.
The CBF have called a news conference Thursday amid speculation they may appoint former Corinthians coach Tite as Scolari`s successor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- FIs can obtain self-certification via internet banking: CBDT
- Tata Communications Q4 net loss widens to Rs 205 crore
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!