Brazil midfielder Paulinho denies transfer rumours
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil international midfielder Paulinho has denied speculation that he is on the verge of a move to Europe.
The 24-year-old Corinthians star is reportedly on the radar of Inter Milan, Shakhtar Donetsk and Chelsea, among other European clubs.
Speaking after Corinthians` 3-2 aggregate victory over Santos in the final of the Campeonato Paulista Sunday, Paulinho said he would remain at the Sao Paulo outfit.
‘It`s not a goodbye. I will continue at Corinthians. Maybe because of our Copa Libertadores elimination many people said that I would leave. When I receive an offer, I will make it known. But there is still nothing official,’ he said.
Paulinho, who has consolidated a place in Brazil`s national team as a holding midfielder under Luiz Felipe Scolari, is understood to have a buyout fee of 20 million euros.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights