Brazil midfielder Ramires to move Chelsea for £17m
London: Chelsea are hoping to sign Brazil midfielder Ramires from Benfica for £17m, a leading UK media house has reported.
The 23-year-old Ramires will have a medical at the Premier League club on Wednesday.
It is thought a four-year deal for the right-sided player, who has 16 caps for his country, could be concluded by the end of the week.
Ramires, whose full name is Ramires Santos do Nascimento, was praised by Coach Dunga after strong displays in the opening stage of the World Cup.
If the deal goes through Benfica will have to repay £6m to sports entrepreneur Kia Joorabchian, who part-financed the player`s transfer from Cruzeiro to the Portuguese club.
Press Association Sport says that this arrangement would not present any difficulty under the Premier League`s third party ownership rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam