Brazil return to FIFA top 10
Rio de Janeiro: Five-time World Cup winners Brazil have returned to the top 10 in the latest FIFA rankings released on Thursday.
Friendly victories over Chile and Honduras earlier this month were enough to lift Brazil to 10th, one place higher than last month, Xinhua reported. Brazil dropped out of the top 10 in June for the first time since the FIFA rankings system began in 1993.
The biggest movers were Portugal, who rose nine places to fifth following their World Cup qualifying playoff victory against Sweden. Reigning world and European champions Spain remain first ahead of Germany, Argentina and Colombia.
FIFA Top 10
1. Spain 1507 points
2. Germany 1318
3. Argentina 1251
4. Colombia 1200
5. Portugal 1172
6. Uruguay 1132
7. Italy 1120
8. Switzerland 1113
9. Netherlands 1106
10. Brazil 1102
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'