Brazil return to FIFA top 10
Rio de Janeiro: Five-time World Cup winners Brazil have returned to the top 10 in the latest FIFA rankings released on Thursday.
Friendly victories over Chile and Honduras earlier this month were enough to lift Brazil to 10th, one place higher than last month, Xinhua reported. Brazil dropped out of the top 10 in June for the first time since the FIFA rankings system began in 1993.
The biggest movers were Portugal, who rose nine places to fifth following their World Cup qualifying playoff victory against Sweden. Reigning world and European champions Spain remain first ahead of Germany, Argentina and Colombia.
FIFA Top 10
1. Spain 1507 points
2. Germany 1318
3. Argentina 1251
4. Colombia 1200
5. Portugal 1172
6. Uruguay 1132
7. Italy 1120
8. Switzerland 1113
9. Netherlands 1106
10. Brazil 1102
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Gold price logs modest gains on jewellers' buying, overseas trend
- Iraq forces launch push to retake town south of Mosul
- BJP protesters cane-charged in Lucknow, over dozen injured
- 2016 US Open: Novak Djokovic, Serena Williams named top seeds for season's final Grand Slam
- Bulandshahr gang-rape accused plead not guilty, demand narco test to prove innocence