Brazil return to FIFA top 10
Rio de Janeiro: Five-time World Cup winners Brazil have returned to the top 10 in the latest FIFA rankings released on Thursday.
Friendly victories over Chile and Honduras earlier this month were enough to lift Brazil to 10th, one place higher than last month, Xinhua reported. Brazil dropped out of the top 10 in June for the first time since the FIFA rankings system began in 1993.
The biggest movers were Portugal, who rose nine places to fifth following their World Cup qualifying playoff victory against Sweden. Reigning world and European champions Spain remain first ahead of Germany, Argentina and Colombia.
FIFA Top 10
1. Spain 1507 points
2. Germany 1318
3. Argentina 1251
4. Colombia 1200
5. Portugal 1172
6. Uruguay 1132
7. Italy 1120
8. Switzerland 1113
9. Netherlands 1106
10. Brazil 1102
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city