Brazil`s Ganso to have knee surgery, out for six months
Brasilia: Santos midfielder Paulo Henrique Ganso will have surgery on his left knee on Saturday and will be out for six months, the club said.
Ganso, who made his Brazil debut in a 2-0 friendly win over United States this month, damaged his anterior cruciate ligament and cartilage during Wednesday`s Brazilian championship match against Gremio.
"Recovery will take about six months. He`ll start physiotherapy on Monday," club doctor Rodrigo Zogaib told the Santos website (www.santosfc.com.br) on Thursday.
The 20-year-old Ganso and teenager Neymar, who turned down a 20 million euro (USD 25 million) offer from Chelsea, helped Santos win two titles in the first half of the season -- the Paulista (Sao Paulo) state championship and the Copa Brasil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender