Brazil`s Ganso to have knee surgery, out for six months
Brasilia: Santos midfielder Paulo Henrique Ganso will have surgery on his left knee on Saturday and will be out for six months, the club said.
Ganso, who made his Brazil debut in a 2-0 friendly win over United States this month, damaged his anterior cruciate ligament and cartilage during Wednesday`s Brazilian championship match against Gremio.
"Recovery will take about six months. He`ll start physiotherapy on Monday," club doctor Rodrigo Zogaib told the Santos website (www.santosfc.com.br) on Thursday.
The 20-year-old Ganso and teenager Neymar, who turned down a 20 million euro (USD 25 million) offer from Chelsea, helped Santos win two titles in the first half of the season -- the Paulista (Sao Paulo) state championship and the Copa Brasil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?