Brazil`s Palmeiras fans attack players
Buenos Aires: Frustrated with the team`s 0-1 loss to Argentine Club Atletico Tigre, a group of fans from Brazil`s Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras attacked the team`s players here at the Jorge Newbery Airport.
"How come they were defeated like that," the fans complained, after Palmeiras lost an opportunity to score just before Tigre scored its only goal on the 49th minute in a Group 2 match Thursday, reports Xinhua.
The incident occurred when the players were waiting for their flight to return to Brazil. Goalkeeper Fernando Prass got a head injury when he was hit with a cup thrown by the fans.
Chilean midfielder Jorge Valdivia was also injured. In the past weeks, Valdivia was criticised for an offensive sign against Palmeiras` fans.
Police intervened to calm the fans while the team was taken to a separated zone from the violation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed