Brazil`s Palmeiras fans attack players
Buenos Aires: Frustrated with the team`s 0-1 loss to Argentine Club Atletico Tigre, a group of fans from Brazil`s Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras attacked the team`s players here at the Jorge Newbery Airport.
"How come they were defeated like that," the fans complained, after Palmeiras lost an opportunity to score just before Tigre scored its only goal on the 49th minute in a Group 2 match Thursday, reports Xinhua.
The incident occurred when the players were waiting for their flight to return to Brazil. Goalkeeper Fernando Prass got a head injury when he was hit with a cup thrown by the fans.
Chilean midfielder Jorge Valdivia was also injured. In the past weeks, Valdivia was criticised for an offensive sign against Palmeiras` fans.
Police intervened to calm the fans while the team was taken to a separated zone from the violation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan