Brazil`s Palmeiras fans attack players
Buenos Aires: Frustrated with the team`s 0-1 loss to Argentine Club Atletico Tigre, a group of fans from Brazil`s Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras attacked the team`s players here at the Jorge Newbery Airport.
"How come they were defeated like that," the fans complained, after Palmeiras lost an opportunity to score just before Tigre scored its only goal on the 49th minute in a Group 2 match Thursday, reports Xinhua.
The incident occurred when the players were waiting for their flight to return to Brazil. Goalkeeper Fernando Prass got a head injury when he was hit with a cup thrown by the fans.
Chilean midfielder Jorge Valdivia was also injured. In the past weeks, Valdivia was criticised for an offensive sign against Palmeiras` fans.
Police intervened to calm the fans while the team was taken to a separated zone from the violation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'