Brazil striker Pato promises prolific run
Sao Paulo: Striker Alexandre Pato has called for more time to re-adapt to Brazilian football, vowing to return to the prolific goalscoring form of his early days at AC Milan.
The 23-year-old has scored just 11 goals from 35 matches for Corinthians since his 15-million-euro move from the Rossoneri in January.
After netting in Corinthians` 2-0 victory over Vitoria in the Campeonato Brasileiro Sunday, the Brazil international urged coach Tite to give more faith to him.
"Little by little we are working better together as a team," said Pato, who has often been used by Tite as a second striker alongside Peru forward Paolo Guerrero.
"I am trying to play the way the team does and my teammates are also trying to adapt to my game.
"I like long passes because I can use my pace. But when needed I can play as a center-forward and hold the ball up too."
Pato, who scored 63 goals in 150 appearances for Milan, managed just 25 matches in his final two seasons at the San Siro due to injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India