Brazil to issue 2014 World Cup commemorative coins
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil`s Central Bank (CB) announced that beginning from Jan 24 next year, it will issue a limited edition of gold, silver and cupro-nickel commemorative coins for 2014 FIFA World Cup.
The CB said in a statement Friday that nine different coins will be issued, including one gold, two silver and six cupro-nickel, reports Xinhua.
One side of the gold coin will bear the image of the World Cup and the other side will bear an image of a goal. The cost will be of 1,180 Brazilian reais ($515).
The silver coins will cost 190 reais ($82). One will bear the image of Fuleco armadillo, the World Cup`s mascot, and the other one will bear images of the 12 Brazilian cities to host the tournament.
The cupro-nickel coins will be part of a series called "Football Moves" and will bear different moments of a football match. They will cost 30 reais ($13). These coins will include a goalkeeper stopping a ball, a header, a pass, a spot kicking and a goal.
The statement said the CB plans to issue 2,720 gold coins, 12,000 silver and 7,400 cupro-nickel though the amount can be increased according to the demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi