Brazil to issue 2014 World Cup commemorative coins
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil`s Central Bank (CB) announced that beginning from Jan 24 next year, it will issue a limited edition of gold, silver and cupro-nickel commemorative coins for 2014 FIFA World Cup.
The CB said in a statement Friday that nine different coins will be issued, including one gold, two silver and six cupro-nickel, reports Xinhua.
One side of the gold coin will bear the image of the World Cup and the other side will bear an image of a goal. The cost will be of 1,180 Brazilian reais ($515).
The silver coins will cost 190 reais ($82). One will bear the image of Fuleco armadillo, the World Cup`s mascot, and the other one will bear images of the 12 Brazilian cities to host the tournament.
The cupro-nickel coins will be part of a series called "Football Moves" and will bear different moments of a football match. They will cost 30 reais ($13). These coins will include a goalkeeper stopping a ball, a header, a pass, a spot kicking and a goal.
The statement said the CB plans to issue 2,720 gold coins, 12,000 silver and 7,400 cupro-nickel though the amount can be increased according to the demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss