Brazil under-17 defender Abner joins Roma
Rio De Janeriro: Roma have signed Brazilian teenage defender Abner for five million euros, local media reported.
The 17-year-old impressed the Italian club`s scouts during his performances for Brazilian top-flight club Coritiba and Brazil`s under-17 national team, Xinhua reported on Tuesday citing news portal Terra.
His signing comes despite having undergone knee surgery that will sideline him until April.
The deal is expected to be officially announced in the coming days, coinciding with the opening of the European winter transfer window.
A left-back, Abner was a member of the Brazil team that made the quarterfinals of the under-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users