Brazil under-17 defender Abner joins Roma
Rio De Janeriro: Roma have signed Brazilian teenage defender Abner for five million euros, local media reported.
The 17-year-old impressed the Italian club`s scouts during his performances for Brazilian top-flight club Coritiba and Brazil`s under-17 national team, Xinhua reported on Tuesday citing news portal Terra.
His signing comes despite having undergone knee surgery that will sideline him until April.
The deal is expected to be officially announced in the coming days, coinciding with the opening of the European winter transfer window.
A left-back, Abner was a member of the Brazil team that made the quarterfinals of the under-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?