Brazil under-17 defender Abner joins Roma
Rio De Janeriro: Roma have signed Brazilian teenage defender Abner for five million euros, local media reported.
The 17-year-old impressed the Italian club`s scouts during his performances for Brazilian top-flight club Coritiba and Brazil`s under-17 national team, Xinhua reported on Tuesday citing news portal Terra.
His signing comes despite having undergone knee surgery that will sideline him until April.
The deal is expected to be officially announced in the coming days, coinciding with the opening of the European winter transfer window.
A left-back, Abner was a member of the Brazil team that made the quarterfinals of the under-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Left, JD(U) leaders to visit Una today
- BJP hits back at Pakistan, says talks with Islamabad only on terrorism issue and not on Kashmir
- Sensex ends 93 points up on earnings lift, fund inflows
- Vaccinated and Ready: IOC special invitee Sachin Tendulkar to support India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Rupee hits 1-week high of 67.08 vs USD, gains 9 paise