Brazil will get better: Neymar
Brazil: The forward insists the Selecao`s performances will improve despite the draw with England extending their poor run of form to just one win in eight games.
Neymar insists Brazil will get better in the weeks and months ahead after Luiz Felipe Scolari’s side battled to a 2-2 draw against England at the Maracana.
In a game that sparked into life in the second half, Paulinho’s late volley salvaged a draw for the hosts after goals from Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Wayne Rooney had put the visitors in front after Fred’s opener.
The draw means Brazil have only won one of their last eight matches as next year’s World Cup on home soil continues to draw closer, but Neymar is confident improvements will come.
"It was a good match in terms of what we did on the pitch and the opportunities we created,” he told reporters after the match.”
“Unfortunately, we didn`t score during the first half spell of pressure. But now we can only get better, we will improve further.”
"Every player in the squad has the quality to make important contributions for the team. Of course, I will be happier if I can get more touches on the ball, but as a team we are getting better.”
“We are getting to know each other, understanding how the other players move on the pitch and the positions they take up. During the first half you all saw the amount of movement and the one-twos we displayed. We will get better.”
Neymar will now travel to Spain in order to complete the formalities of his summer transfer from Santos to Barcelona, before re-joining the national side for their Confederations Cup campaign.
He said: "I am incredibly happy to be fulfilling a dream. Some things in life happen because of God.”
"My family is going to travel too – I will meet them there."
Brazil face France in a friendly next Sunday before their Confederations Cup action gets underway against Japan on June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal