Brazil winger Hulk anxious for Olympic call-up
Rio Di Janeiro: Star Porto winger Hulk says he will be "hurt" if he is not selected in Brazil`s squad for the London Olympics.
The 25-year-old was the architect of Brazil`s 3-1 friendly victory over Denmark in Hamburg on Saturday, scoring two goals and setting up the third.
Coach Mano Menezes will name his 18-man squad on July 6 and Hulk is vying for one of three places allowed for players over the age of 23.
"We have to make the most of our chances when they come along and of course I will be hurt if I`m not called up," Hulk said.
"Because of the goals I rate that performance as my best so far for the national team."
Other over-age players hoping to be selected include AC Milan`s Thiago Silva and Real Madrid`s Marcelo.
Hulk, who has scored 52 goals in 96 first-team appearances for Porto since 2008, is reportedly being chased by Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid.
Brazil`s next match will be against the US in Washington on Wednesday. It will be followed by games against Mexico and Argentina in early June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA