Brazil winger Lucas helps Sao Paulo win 3-0
Rio de Janeiro: Paris Saint-Germain-bound winger Lucas Moura was on the scoresheet as Sao Paulo defeated Ponte Preta 3-0 in Brazil`s Serie A championship.
Rogerio Ceni opened the scoring from the penalty spot at the Morumbi Stadium Saturday before Moura made it 2-0 with an unstoppable drive from outside the area.
Osvaldo put the result beyond doubt when he dribbled past three defenders before slotting in the team`s third goal with just four minutes remaining.
The match was Lucas` first for Sao Paulo since his return from the London Olympics.
He will join Paris Saint-Germain in January after the French outfit agreed to pay 43 million euros for the 19-year-old on a four-and-a-half year deal.
"The goal was a reflection of the desire I have to wear this shirt," Moura said after the match.
"I am very happy with the signing but now I`m going to try my hardest to help Sao Paulo win a title or at least secure a spot in the Copa Libertadores next season," Moura said.
In other games Saturday, Fluminense beat Sport 1-0 while Nautico overcame Bahia 1-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend