Brazil winger Lucas helps Sao Paulo win 3-0
Rio de Janeiro: Paris Saint-Germain-bound winger Lucas Moura was on the scoresheet as Sao Paulo defeated Ponte Preta 3-0 in Brazil`s Serie A championship.
Rogerio Ceni opened the scoring from the penalty spot at the Morumbi Stadium Saturday before Moura made it 2-0 with an unstoppable drive from outside the area.
Osvaldo put the result beyond doubt when he dribbled past three defenders before slotting in the team`s third goal with just four minutes remaining.
The match was Lucas` first for Sao Paulo since his return from the London Olympics.
He will join Paris Saint-Germain in January after the French outfit agreed to pay 43 million euros for the 19-year-old on a four-and-a-half year deal.
"The goal was a reflection of the desire I have to wear this shirt," Moura said after the match.
"I am very happy with the signing but now I`m going to try my hardest to help Sao Paulo win a title or at least secure a spot in the Copa Libertadores next season," Moura said.
In other games Saturday, Fluminense beat Sport 1-0 while Nautico overcame Bahia 1-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’