Brazil winger Lucas helps Sao Paulo win 3-0
Rio de Janeiro: Paris Saint-Germain-bound winger Lucas Moura was on the scoresheet as Sao Paulo defeated Ponte Preta 3-0 in Brazil`s Serie A championship.
Rogerio Ceni opened the scoring from the penalty spot at the Morumbi Stadium Saturday before Moura made it 2-0 with an unstoppable drive from outside the area.
Osvaldo put the result beyond doubt when he dribbled past three defenders before slotting in the team`s third goal with just four minutes remaining.
The match was Lucas` first for Sao Paulo since his return from the London Olympics.
He will join Paris Saint-Germain in January after the French outfit agreed to pay 43 million euros for the 19-year-old on a four-and-a-half year deal.
"The goal was a reflection of the desire I have to wear this shirt," Moura said after the match.
"I am very happy with the signing but now I`m going to try my hardest to help Sao Paulo win a title or at least secure a spot in the Copa Libertadores next season," Moura said.
In other games Saturday, Fluminense beat Sport 1-0 while Nautico overcame Bahia 1-0.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way