Brazil winger Lucas helps Sao Paulo win 3-0
Rio de Janeiro: Paris Saint-Germain-bound winger Lucas Moura was on the scoresheet as Sao Paulo defeated Ponte Preta 3-0 in Brazil`s Serie A championship.
Rogerio Ceni opened the scoring from the penalty spot at the Morumbi Stadium Saturday before Moura made it 2-0 with an unstoppable drive from outside the area.
Osvaldo put the result beyond doubt when he dribbled past three defenders before slotting in the team`s third goal with just four minutes remaining.
The match was Lucas` first for Sao Paulo since his return from the London Olympics.
He will join Paris Saint-Germain in January after the French outfit agreed to pay 43 million euros for the 19-year-old on a four-and-a-half year deal.
"The goal was a reflection of the desire I have to wear this shirt," Moura said after the match.
"I am very happy with the signing but now I`m going to try my hardest to help Sao Paulo win a title or at least secure a spot in the Copa Libertadores next season," Moura said.
In other games Saturday, Fluminense beat Sport 1-0 while Nautico overcame Bahia 1-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources