Brazil winger Lucas joins PSG for 43 million euros
London: French football club Paris Saint Germain (PSG) has beaten Manchester United in the race to sign Brazilian teenager Lucas Moura.
The deal was confirmed Wednesday after PSG agreed to pay Sao Paulo 43 million euros for the 19-year-old, reports Xinhua.
Lucas will join the French club in January next year on a four-and-half year contract.
Sao Paulo had previously rejected offers from Manchester United and Inter Milan for the winger.
"We are here to inform that an agreement has been reached between Lucas and PSG," Sao Paulo vice-president of football Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes said Wednesday night.
"We will publish details on our website soon. I want to say that we respected the wishes of the player who is going to a club of his choice."
Lucas, who is currently in London with Brazil`s Olympic team, which will play Mexico in Saturday`s final, is the latest in a string of high-profile signings made by PSG.
Other summer arrivals include Zlatan Ibrahimovic (AC Milan), Thiago Silva (AC Milan), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli) and Marco Verratti (Pescara).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment
- Indian Premier League: Here's what original mystery spinner Paul Adams said about Shivil Kaushik!
- 'Deal between PM Modi and Italy to fix Sonia Gandhi': BJP moves privilege motion against Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Nine Taliban militants killed in IED blast in Afghanistan's Badakhshan province
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! When Australian all-rounder James Faulkner turned Gujarati for a day