Brazil World Cup will be a success, says Blatter
Zurich: FIFA president Sepp Blatter has reaffirmed his belief that Brazil will deliver a successful World Cup in 2014.
The 77-year-old is in the country ahead of the Confederations Cup and attended a meeting with the Brazilian Sports Minister Aldo Rebelo to discuss progress ahead of the tournament.
“I am sure that the five time winners will present an outstanding competition in 2014” he said.
“I am confident that through its economic power and strength of will, Brazil will be ready and deliver a wonderful World Cup.”
Meanwhile, Rebelo has also given reassurances that the new stadiums will be ready ahead of the December 2013 deadline, and highlighted Brazil’s delight in hosting the tournament.
“The preparations for the World Cup will meet the expectations of the organisers and, of course, Brazil,” he added.
“This is a vital event for Brazil. We’re delighted and honoured to be able to host it.”
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living