Brazil World Cup will be a success, says Blatter
Zurich: FIFA president Sepp Blatter has reaffirmed his belief that Brazil will deliver a successful World Cup in 2014.
The 77-year-old is in the country ahead of the Confederations Cup and attended a meeting with the Brazilian Sports Minister Aldo Rebelo to discuss progress ahead of the tournament.
“I am sure that the five time winners will present an outstanding competition in 2014” he said.
“I am confident that through its economic power and strength of will, Brazil will be ready and deliver a wonderful World Cup.”
Meanwhile, Rebelo has also given reassurances that the new stadiums will be ready ahead of the December 2013 deadline, and highlighted Brazil’s delight in hosting the tournament.
“The preparations for the World Cup will meet the expectations of the organisers and, of course, Brazil,” he added.
“This is a vital event for Brazil. We’re delighted and honoured to be able to host it.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today
- Will Mika Singh's guest appearance on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' cost him 'Comedy Nights LIVE'?