Brazil World Cup will be a success, says Blatter
Zurich: FIFA president Sepp Blatter has reaffirmed his belief that Brazil will deliver a successful World Cup in 2014.
The 77-year-old is in the country ahead of the Confederations Cup and attended a meeting with the Brazilian Sports Minister Aldo Rebelo to discuss progress ahead of the tournament.
“I am sure that the five time winners will present an outstanding competition in 2014” he said.
“I am confident that through its economic power and strength of will, Brazil will be ready and deliver a wonderful World Cup.”
Meanwhile, Rebelo has also given reassurances that the new stadiums will be ready ahead of the December 2013 deadline, and highlighted Brazil’s delight in hosting the tournament.
“The preparations for the World Cup will meet the expectations of the organisers and, of course, Brazil,” he added.
“This is a vital event for Brazil. We’re delighted and honoured to be able to host it.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence