Brazilian club Santos keen to re-sign Robinho
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian football club Santos is planning a move to re-sign former club hero and current AC Milan winger Robinho.
Santos president Luis Alvaro Ribeiro said Robinho`s return depended on Milan`s willingness to sell the 28-year-old.
"I think we could see Robinho back at the club," Ribeiro said in an interview.
"He wants to return and we also want him to. We only need Milan to say yes, but we are going to talk with the Italians."
Robinho, a regular starter for Milan in Italy`s Serie A, has had two separate spells at Santos. He was part of the team`s 2002 and 2004 Brazilian championship-winning teams before returning to help the club secure the 2010 Brazilian Cup.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources