Brazilian club Santos keen to re-sign Robinho
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian football club Santos is planning a move to re-sign former club hero and current AC Milan winger Robinho.
Santos president Luis Alvaro Ribeiro said Robinho`s return depended on Milan`s willingness to sell the 28-year-old.
"I think we could see Robinho back at the club," Ribeiro said in an interview.
"He wants to return and we also want him to. We only need Milan to say yes, but we are going to talk with the Italians."
Robinho, a regular starter for Milan in Italy`s Serie A, has had two separate spells at Santos. He was part of the team`s 2002 and 2004 Brazilian championship-winning teams before returning to help the club secure the 2010 Brazilian Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi