Brazilian defender Dede next for Corinthians?
Rio de Janeiro: Vasco and Brazil defender Dede could be the next player to join Corinthians with the Brazilian football club having already signed Alexandre Pato from Italian giants AC Milan in the January transfer window.
During a radio interview Tuesday, Corinthians director Roberto de Andrade suggested the Paulista outfit could sign the 24-year-old if the circumstances were right. Andrade, however, reaffirmed his club are yet to make an approach for the player, reports Xinhua.
"We haven`t spoken to anyone yet, and we`ll wait for someone to come to us. If Vasco are interested in selling they can get in contact with us," he said.
Dede has been a long-term target for Corinthians and a number of European clubs in recent months after a string of excellent displays. But owing to Vasco`s asking price and their unwillingness to part with their most prized asset an agreement has not been forthcoming.
The 2013 Brazilian season is set to begin in weeks and Corinthians have already signed two big name players. Pato and Renato Augusto have joined the ranks from Milan and Bayer Leverkusen respectively in multi-million dollar deals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'