Brazilian fans aghast over ban on going shirtless in Maracana stadium
London: Football fans in Brazil have raised their voice over the ban of shirtless, standing fans along with percussion instruments and flagpoles at Rio de Janeiro`s Maracana stadium, and have branded the measures as colonization and gentrification.
The plans were announced by the president of the stadium`s consortium, Joao Borba and include attempts to renew the stadium, which will host the final match of next year`s World Cup.
Borba said that talks will be held with the clubs to aim a change of habits and he was referring to bamboos and bass drums because there was not even enough room for the bamboos.
He further said that the changes were only meant to safeguard the comfort, security and accessibility of the fans.
The report said that fans turned to social media to vent their anger at the plan with one blogger going on to say that a war had been declared against the people.
Maracana is expected to once again become the home ground of Rio de Janeiro`s main football teams, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today