Brazilian striker to turn his back on Serie A
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian striker Ze Eduardo has admitted he is on the verge of walking out on Italian Serie A club Siena and returning to Brazil.
The 25-year-old has struggled for first-team opportunities with the Bianconeri since being loaned out by Genoa in August, reports Xinhua.
He said Thursday his preference was to join a Rio de Janeiro-based club in the January transfer window.
"I want to go back home. I have said many times that I have lost my smile in Italy, I`m just not happy," Eduardo said.
"I have been presented an offer from a club in Rio and am ready to accept."
Eduardo was pursued by Italian giants AC Milan in July but reportedly refused to accept an offer to trial with the club.
"I have won a Copa Libertadores and two Sao Paulo state championships. I don`t do tests," Eduardo said.
Eduardo said he had been mistreated by both AC Milan and Genoa.
"I felt they were taking me for a ride. At one point I was stuck in a hotel like a Big Brother contestant waiting for news," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive