Brazilian treasury blocks Dede transfer
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil international defender Dede’s had his USD 7 million move from Vasco da Gama to Cruzeiro blocked by the country`s treasury department.
Rio de Janeiro`s football federation (FERJ) confirmed in a statement Friday that the transfer had been suspended due to Vasco`s USD 25 million tax debt.
"FERJ has received notice of a judicial decision that impedes the transfer of Dede," the statement said.
News of the injunction came just hours after Dede, 24, appeared at a press conference confirming his arrival at the Belo Horizonte club.
According to Brazilian sports newspaper Lance, the situation is compounded by the fact Cruzeiro have already paid for the deal.
Vasco is understood to have used the money this week to pay a percentage of the club`s outstanding player salaries.
It is the latest in a series of embarrassing episodes involving the debt-stricken Rio de Janeiro club.
Vasco`s failure to pay wages on time prompted the summer departures of former Brazil star Juninho, goalkeeper Fernando Prass and midfielder Nilton.
In January Vasco`s financial director Nelson Rocha revealed that the club`s net debt had spiralled to USD 125 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh