Brazil’s Kaka says England are tough opponents
Doha: Brazilian midfielder Kaka expects a tough game against England in Qatar on Saturday and sees manager Fabio Capello as key to their recent development into one of the strongest teams in next year’s World Cup.
“I think the Capello characteristics are the important thing to understand. But the individual players have good characteristics to decide every game,” he told a press conference.
“England are a very tough team to play against,” he said ahead of the friendly, which is part of both sides’ preparations for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, in which Brazil will be one of the favourites.
“It’s a great chance to play against one of the best teams in the world. We’re not thinking of winning 2-0 or 3-0. We just want to play well,” Kaka said.
He said Brazil was suffering, like England, from injuries and would not field their strongest side.
“A lot of the Brazilian players are injured. This may make the game not so rich.”
Frank Lampard was the latest England player to pull out of the squad after picking up an injury on Thursday.
Lampard joined a list of absentees that includes Steven Gerrard, Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Aaron Lennon and David James, who are all out through injuries, except Cole who is playing his way back into the Chelsea side after an injury lay- off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister